“The Fever (Aye Aye)” - Death Grips
So I was listening to the new new Death Grips tracks a while ago - “Blackjack,” “Get Got,” and “Lost Boys” - and one of my roommates walks in and asks, “Are you listening to Skrillex? This sounds exactly like Skrillex.” I still don’t know how to respond. I don’t understand. Help me to understand.
Anyways, another track off The Money Store has been released, accompanied by a typically a-typical video. Give it a look and a listen, and be sure to check out Death Grips’ debut on Epic when The Money Store comes out April 24th.
- Tyler Hanan
The hype that’s going to build up for these two upcoming Death Grips albums via Epic (April 24th’s The Money Store and fall-slated No Love) is going to drive people nuts (I am fully aware that it is already at the point for some people and that I am absolutely contributing to that madness). This doesn’t have quite the headlong, strobing intensity of “Get Got” or the mind-beniding writhing of “Blackjack,” but the slower, just as electronically riotous beat and “lost boys” chant will have the cult-like following salivating as much as ever. [link]
- Tyler Hanan
“Get Got” - Death Grips
So, Death Grips are on a major label now? As long as Epic doesn’t fuck with what Death Grips wants to do, I couldn’t care less. The Money Store on 4/24, No Love in the fall, “Blackjack” three weeks ago [link] and “Get Got” now [link] - I’m only hearing great things.
- Tyler Hanan
We here at Nothing Sounds Better understand how hectic the holiday season can be to music loves, what with End-Of-Year lists bombarding you at every angle, and your own familial duties and seasonal occupations getting in the way of musical research, it can be difficult to sift through and find the smaller impacts music has made on our lives in 2011. That’s why we have come together as a collective and organized a playlist of artists that we felt just weren’t spoken about enough in these little festive lists; some of our favorites that may have just slipped under your radar long enough to remain buried there. So fear not, as we have twelve songs sure to fill the underexposed quota of 2011. Fans of the playlist can skip down below the songs and find a list of locations where they can download/buy/stream each album represented here. Enjoy all the gems present, and happy Holidays from the Nothing Sounds Better team.
- Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) - On Time Spent Waiting, or Placing the Weight of the World on the Shoulders of Those You Love the Most - Stream/Purchase
- Mr. Gnome - Madness In Miniature - Stream/Purchase
- Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide - Free Download
- Beau Navire - Hours - Purchase/Stream
- Braveyoung - We Are Lonely Animals - Purchase
- Caroline - Verdugo Hills - Purchase
- German Error Message - In Comforting - Free Download
- Death Grips - Ex Military - Free Download
- The Retuses - Waltz Baltika! - Website/Stream
- Raein - Sulla linea dell’orizzonte fra questa mia vita e quella di tutti gli altri - Free Download
- Codes In The Clouds - As The Spirit Wanes - Purchase
- Balam Acab - Wander/Wonder - Free Song Download/Purchase